Thursday, March 11, 2010

Home Alone

As most of you know, Trevor travels quite a bit and is gone for appx. 10 days- give or take a few days on occassion. I used to have a dog named Kaiya to warn me if something was amiss in the neighborhood, but now she is with a different family, so we had our security system installed and hooked up when she left. I feel safer knowing that the alarm will blare if someone even enters the house, but I still have this irrational fear of strangers intruding into the house and hurting me. So where is this post going??? (I bet you were wondering!) Well, I am studying for this class in Criminology about serial murders and rapists. My final is on Sunday, and I am vigourously pouring through 2 books trying to study for this mid-term. One book had 9 chapters worth of information and the other book 3 LONG chapters of information that we can be tested upon. So I was reading through my Serial Murder book, and they discuss these murders and rapes in very vivid detail- ugh. So here I was last night, reading my book rather late into the night, and I just can't help the feeling that this could happen to me! Irrational I know, but still, being home alone is the worst sometimes. Especially when I have to read this book for class.

On another note, and this is going to sound strange to some, but I had to go crib shopping yesterday. NO I AM NOT PREGNANT! The reason behind this is my sister-in-law Tanya had a recall come out for the crib that she used to use for her now 3 year old son Greyson. Well Greyson does not use his crib anymore, so she offered us the recall certificate to go to Babies R Us and use the money for a new crib. She offered this a long time ago, even before we were married, but I kept putting it off because I was thinking wedding at the time, not kids! The only catch is that I have to use this certificate by April 2nd of this year- oooppps! So here I am going to Babies R US with my mom, dad, and sister, ppicking out baby furniture when I am not even pregnant- weird feeling??? YES!!! But I am not about to let a free crib certificate worth almost $400 go to waste!! So now that I have picked out a crib, I am planning on buying the dresser/channging table with it because it matches the crib, and I am afraid that the furniture will be discotinued. ARGH!! More money that I don't need to spend right now, but it's kind of unavoidable. SO..... if any of my friends who have a coupon to Babies R US, and you don't want to use it, please let me know!!! I am looking for one that says like 20% or 15% off any purchase or a furniture coupon, etc. It would be a huge help!!! I guess this furniture is going to have to sit in the attic until I have my own little bundle of joy, and I hope that happens sooner than later, because my baby fever is not getting any better!!! :) Love you all!! Please wither email or respond on here if you have such a coupon!! :)

2 comments:

Just Brandi said...

Hi Kim. We've never met, but I'm Sean's wife.
Just wandered over here from Steph's blog. Congrats on getting married!
I actually think I have a coupon like that.
I get coupons from Babies R Us in the mail all the time ever since I registered there when I had my son.
I'll look and let you know!
If I have a current one (they expire pretty fast since they are usually pretty good discounts) then I can get your address and mail it to ya.
That's great that your looking at the furniture now, it is expensive and if you can get a good deal, why wait??
We were lucky enough to have Sean's grandparents buy Tucker's entire bedroom suit, but it came to almost $2,000! Thank goodness for grandparents!

Just Brandi said...

Glad you found a coupon.. I actually have a 20% off right now too. We've gotta get Tucker a new carseat soon because he's about outgrown his infant carrier. Fat boy. haha.

Thanks for saying I look good! I have worked my ass off to lose weight the past 6 months!

I actually hated running a few months ago. I started back in December when I bought my treadmill, not being able to run even 3 minutes without stopping. I initially started to lose weight. While I'm still trying to lose weight, running has become more to me than a weightloss method.
Now when I run I am constantly trying to beat my last time, or do better than I did before. I'm very competitive. I also get this amazing feeling after a good run, which is worth the hard work it takes to actually get out there.
I say if you want to start running, start off slow.
I started walking, and then I'd do interval training.
I was training for my 5K for about 2 months with a program called the Couch to 5K Program. You can google it.
Even if you don't plan on running a 5K, I think it's a great program!
Really, running is a time where I can clear my head, and get in some me time. Being a full time working mom, those "me times" are few and far between now days!
Start off slow, and if you don't like it, then quit. Running is not for everyone!
I really just like the way it makes me feel and seeing the number on the scale go down because of it!
Good Luck!!!