Monday, March 22, 2010

BEP Concert/Girls Weekend Getaway!

Well, as my readers know, my wonderful hubby got me a ticket to the Black Eyed Peas concert for this past weekend. It was a blast! I started out Friday by packing my bag and then headed to my friend Ashley's house so that we could carpool to the W Hotel. We first heaaded to the MAC store at Firewheel Mall to get our makeup done. I had a girl named Nia- she was so fun and her makeup skills were excellent! After the makeup we headed off to the W Hotel where we met up with Chelsea, Jenay, and J'ton. We ate pizza from Campisi's then got all dressed for the concert. The W Hotel is literally across the street from the AA Center, so we walked to the AA Center, got our drinks, and headed down to the floor for the concert. I had no idea Ludacris was opening for the BEP, so I was so excited and surprised that he did! LOVE HIM!! He was amazing!! The same goes for the BEP. It was the best concert I have attended. The energy they caused in the room was crazy!! After the concert we headed to the Ghost Bar where the BEP were holding a private concert. Well, we get there and spot Miles Austin and Tony Romo.I tried to get a pic of Tony, but soon after my camera broke!!! :( SO I only have pics from Friday night, and not even all of it. Well by this time my feet were KILIING me from wearing high heels all night, so I decided to tab out and go to the room with Ashley. Well, the Ghost Bar is retarded or the bartender was and could not find my tap for like 1 1/2 hour!!! I was PO'd to say the least, so by the time they found it (ugh) Jenay, Chels, Paige, and J'ton were already in the room. We went to bed soon after, and woke up the next morning to snow flurries! We got ready then headed to Hooters to eat lunch. (HAHA- our waiter looked at us like we were crazy- all 5 6 ladies at Hooters alone- no boys.) Well it was close and sounded good! So we ate there then headed back to our rooms and just chilled for a while, but soon enough it was time to have our massages at the in house spa at the W called Bliss. My massage was 75 minutes long and AMAZING!! I left totally relaxed, and just wanted a nap! We al went back to our room, planned on taking naps, but ended up just talking, and sharing good times. After a few hours we got ready and decided that it was just too cold out to travel a long ways for dinnr, so we chose.....El Fenix!! HAHAHA. It was nice though because we sat there for almost 4 hours just talking, having drinks, dinner, and good times. :) After dinner we left and had to run through a whiteout! It was snowing so hard you could barely see where you were going, and it was freezing!! We fianlly get back to the hotel, ggrab a drink (shot) from the lounge bar in the hotel, and go to our rooms to drink more and just hang out and have girl time. It was a perfect night! We went to bed that night, and woke up the next morning, packed up and drove to Jenay's house where my car was parked. My car was covered in snow!! So I clear it all off, and start driving home. The roads were not that bad, but some of the overpasses were. I was driving on 635 near Skillman/Audelia and a BMW X5 slammed on their brakes in front of me, and started spinning out of control. I didn't know what to do!! They spun to the left, I kept my pace, then they spun around me, and missed me by inches! I was so lucky that they did not hit me!! Had I slowed down at all I would have been involved in a wreck that morning. The BMW finally hit the HOV wall and stopped. Whew- that scared the crap out of me!! BUt they were ok, started driving again, and all was well. Hate that kind of weather!!! ANyway I drove home, picked up lunch for me and Trev and spent the rest of the day relaxing in my bed recovering from a great girl's weekend!! :) Now back to reality of school work, and starting to look for a job. Argh. Here are some pics from the weekend, well only Friday night- grrrr.




No comments: