Monday, April 6, 2009

Not as young as I used to be!

My 10 year High School reunion is this year, and I CAN believe it. I am definitely feeling my age as of late. This weekend I went out on Saturday night with my friends Aaron and Brooke and we decided to watch the Final Four games at the Lakewood Tavern. The Lakewood Tavern is a quiet little bar filled with regulars that smile at you when you walk in, very "homey" feeling. As the night went on, and it got later we decided to make it an early night and I drove home. I had also promised my friend Whitney that I would go out with her that night, so I made my way to Black Finn, a restaurant in Arlington that doubles as a bar at night. This is when I realized that I am tired of the bar scene. I have had this feeling before but never so soundly as that night. I realized that I am glad that I am getting older, moving away from wasting my money on all of the meaningless things that come out of "going out" on the weekend. It made me realize that I can not wait to get married in October, finish my Teaching degree and start a family of my own. I have also been meditating and praying about finding the right church for Trevor and I, and becoming more reliant on the Lord. All of this has been swirling around my head since that night- so I am almost grateful that I had the experience.

In other news, my wedding plans are almost finished! I need to meet with the florist, and the cake lady and then I am finished for now. All of the other plans have to be made closer to the actual wedding. It has been more fun than I could ever imagine planning with my mom, and has been a fabulous mother/daughter experience. I am truly blessed that I have such a loving mom and that we share the same "vision" that will be my wedding and reception! My wonderful bridesmaids have started asking me about showers, and I thank God everyday that I am blessed with my friends. They all have such loving hearts, and are willing to do anything for me- and the feeling is more than mutual!

Sorry there are no pics included in this post. I just needed to think and write, and I love that Stephanie introduced Blogger to me so that I could do just that. The only other thing that I need to write about is the break-ins that have been going on all around my apartment. This has been extremely scary for me these past few weeks. The thieves have been breaking in during the day when the residents are at work. This is disturbing because I am home all the time, and I never hear a thing. I am deathly scared that someone will kick in my door at any moment. This has always been one of my fears while living in an apartment, and these robberies are making it disturbingly more clear! When I say that they are all around my apartment- I am being very literal. The apartment across the hall, the one on the other side of me, and the apartment above me have all been vandalized and robbed. With Trevor traveling I am home by myself ALOT, and the only reassurance that I have is Kaiya- the dog that we are keeping for Trevor's friend Brent. I am grateful that she is a scary-looking pitbull. She is the sweetest dog, but her bark definitley sounds like she is about to take you apart! I can not wait for Trevor and I to buy a house. Our lease is up in August and I am looking at every resource that I can to find a house that we can call home. Ebby.com is a favorite past time for me, and I have become increasingly dedicated to finding "The House." Somehow everything ends up being well and good, and I know this dilemma will be no diferent.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Finally you update. Need to do more often! Love ya!

ps be safe with those breakins, that is scary!