Monday, April 20, 2009

Good times were definitely had!

Being alone at home all alone alot makes me appreciate the time that I get to spend with my friends and family so much more. Trevor is gone on a alomost 3 week trip this time and I am definitley feeling the strain. So when he is gone I am so glad that I have friends and family to lean on! This weekend I spent Friday evening with Amber. We went to eat sushi, then went to the store to get a bottle of wine, and came home to veg out on the couch while reading our books. I lent her my copy of "Twilight" and I was re-reading my copy of "HArry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince". I figured that I would re-read this book because the movie is coming out this summer- can't wait! I love to read- so I was obsessing over my book, and Amber had nothing to read- therefore- her reading my "Twilight". I was so excited for her to read "Twilight". She has expressed negative feelings before reading the book about the whole series, but I knew once she started reading she would fall in love!! And..... she did. She can not out it down! She is already onto New Moon- which she bought for herself. Any who, after reading fo hours on end, she decided to spend the night and we had an old-fashion slumber party (which is rare to do these days since everyone is married or whatnot). It was great, simple fun. Saturday morning I went over to my parents house for lunch and thenwent shopping with my mom. Soon after it was time to get ready for Jenay's Suprise 30th Birthday Party. I was so excited to get to see everyone. It's been awhile since I have been around that group of friends, and it felt good to re-connect. Her party was a blast! We had a party bus taking us around, and we ended up going to Industry Bar and Logan's. By the time we were done my feet were killing me from dancing, and I was exhausted. I did not even get to my apartment until around 3:15AM. Needless to say I slept in until 11:30AM on Sunday. Here are some of the pics I took from Jenay's party......














In other news, I found out last week that I got in UTA and I was stoked!! Everythign is falling into place so that I can finally finish my degree, and I have to admit... it feels GOOD! I meet with my advisor tomorrow to sign up for classes, and I could not be at a happier. 2009 started off as a great year with my engagement and it's only getting better! That's all for now- I have to get to bed so I can find my way around UTA campus early in the morning! Wish me luck.... with my directional skills I am def going to need it!! :)

No comments: