Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Half Way There!

This Saturday I will be 20 weeks, so half way there! I had my 19/20 week sonogram yesterday and everything looked perfect! My lil man was moving around alot in there, very active! I forgot to mention in my last blog that we have decided to name him Cole Trevor Wilhite. I have loved the name Cole for years (since high school) and I just needed Trevor to get on board, and thankfully he loved the name as well. The middle name obviously comes from Trevor- lol. This name was pretty easy to come up with! Not much pain or struggle at all. we had another name Caden, but I thought it sounded like a girl name more than a boy name. So Cole it is! ;)

The on;y thing that was a surprise at my appointment was that my placenta is pretty close to my cervix, and for those of you who have been pregnant before know, this is not a good thing for natural labor. So, if my placenta does not move up or if it covers the cervix completely by the time I go into labor, then I will have to have a C-section. I really wanted to have this baby with natural labor (and when I say natural I mean with an epidural for sure!). But I have heard from many others that a C-section is the way to go as well, I just do not want to have surgery! Ouch! Other than that I am feeling great! Love the 2nd trimester!

Planning the nursery has also been in full swing. I finally found colors that I love, and my mom and I are going tonight to look for fabrics for the bedding. My mom and me will be making the bedding (I thought it would be a fun project together!), and I will definitely be learning how to sew during this project. We are also going tonight to get the car seat and stroller that I want because Babies R Us is having a great Trade-in Deal right now. If you trade in a stroller, crib, car seat, bouncer, etc. then you get 25% off an item, and you can do this with multiple items! So we are literally using the cribs that we had as babies to trade in. So excited! I wanted to take the items home, but my mo told me that I would not get to take them home because that is what they are buying for the baby gift, and I have to wait until my baby shower. Boo! I wanted to mess around with it, but I guess I will have to wait!

Getting even more excited to meet my Cole, and I cannot wait for these next 20 weeks to fly by!! Talk to you all later! ;)

No comments: