Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I feel like a Yo-Yo!

I have finally entered into my second trimester, and am so excited to start getting my energy back, certain parts of me aren't as sore as they used to be(lol), and I was excited for the nausea to go away. I was having really good luck with the drug Zofran helping with my nausea, but that medicine makes things harder on your body to function (and those who have taken it know what I am talking about- its way too TMI to discuss), so I was ready to get off of it everyday and just have that "Honeymoon Second Trimester". So, entering into my 13th week I stopped taking the Zofran- not so bad.... I felt fine as long as I ate something right when I woke up in the morning. I though "Ah ha! I have found the secret to this morning/all day sickness thing!" Hmmm... not so much. Everyday is a different scenario and I am beginning to feel like a Yo-Yo- one day up and fine and one day dropping back down to misery. Yesterday I felt the best I have this entire pregnancy- I though "Eureka! It has finally happened!" Yea.... wake up this morning, not so much. So, I have resorted back to my precious Zofran. I will take it in the morning if I feel nauseous, and if I don't then I will not. I cannot wait until I never have to take it!! (That's going to happen, right Moms?)

On the other hand, I am still shocked that I am actually pregnant. I really do not think that it will sink in until I feel the baby move, which my OB/GYN said would be aroun 16-20 weeks. I am also looking forward to getting my 19/20 week sono so we can find out if this baby is a boy/girl. Almost everyone who has guessed the sex has guessed boy, so we shall see! I am making an appointment today to get a "ghetto" sonogram done at Stork Vision at 16 weeks, just to see if they can tell what the sex of the baby is, but I will not begin the clothes buying frenzy until I go to my 19 weeks appointment on September 19th- just to make sure!! :)

Happily moving through the beginning of my 2nd trimester, and I cannot wait to see my baby again in 2 weeks, and to feel my baby move for the first time (which will hopefully happen sooner than later!). Until next time, have a great rest of the summer!

4 comments:

The Wilhite's said...

I accidentally wrote that my 19/20 weeks sono was on September 19- but it is actually on the 13th! Oppsie! ;)

Lacey Leon said...

It's fun to read about your pregnancy since we are pretty close to one another. I had a sono done at 14 weeks by a friend who is training and they made a pretty good prediction, which has helped guide me in the direction of names and crib stuff. I find out for sure on the 25th of this month. I understand the yo-yo feeling. I had a day where my energy was pretty much back to normal and I thought it was going to be smooth sailing from there, i was wrong, Hope you start feeling better soon, The start of week 15 is where i noticed a big difference!!

The Wilhite's said...

Lacey- You are so lucky to have a friend that does sonograms! I am trying to talk myself out of getting a doppler to hear the babies heartbeat because I get so freaked out if everything is ok. Lol. I cannot wait to find out what we are having!! I have to wait unti 9/13 to find out and that seems like an eternity away. I can go to a sono place called Stork Vision- and I really hope they can tell! Will be 16 weeks next Saturday. :) Are you wanting to have a girl or boy?

Lacey Leon said...

I would really love to have a boy and girl, however I really want a girl, so it would be nice to have the girl first so that would take the pressure off the second pregnancy, lol! I hear boys are super laid back and easy though!